Toronto Mahavihara Society is a registered Charity Organization under Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Registration
Number: 119266898RR0001 and it owns and maintains Toronto Mahavihara Meditation Center. All those who are
interested in Buddhism are welcome to join our Society, regardless of nationality, race, color, creed or social
The Toronto Maha Vihara Society does not
receive any grants from the provincial or federal governments and,
operates solely on funds generated through membership fees, devotee contributions and donations from well-wishers.
Also, fund raising events, such as Hopper-hut, Pot-luck
lunch sale etc. help to run the Toronto Maha Vihara.
Anyone wishing to contribute to the very existence and development
of the Society and the temple are encouraged to apply for the Membership of the
New Residence For Mahavihara Monks
At this time we have embarked on a great meritorious project that will producee long-term significant benifits to the temple.
As approved at the AGM held on 15th December 2015, the construction of a new residence for monks is presently in
planning stage. The building comprises two levels and a basement covering a total floor area of approximately
8000 Sq. ft. It is estimated that the total cost of the project is $1,200,000.00 some part of which, the Society
expects to procure by a Bank Loan. Toronto Mahavihara Society appeals to all its members and friends of the
Society to extend their generous support in realizing this target amount.
Please visit this link to view the breakdown
of the project units and make your pledges.
How you can help us to succeed in this project:
- Your donation through PayPal. Please click this link to enter PayPal Site.
- Interest-free loan to the Society repayable within 2 years. A Promissory Note will be signed at the time of receiving the loan.
- Opting to contribute regular donations by Pre-authorised Debit (PAD) Plan through Montreal Bank.
Please down-load the rules
and PAD applications package. Pages: 11-14 are for Personal Aplicants and pages:7-10 for Business Applicants.
- If you are not already a member, please take membership in the Society and make regular membership fees. Membership
Application can be down-loaded from the link at the bottom.
Bank Account Information:
- Cheques/Drafts/Money Orders should be drawn in the name of : Toronto Mahavihara Society
- Bank Address: Bank of Montreal, Centennial Park Plaza, 5540 Lawrence Avenue East, Scarborough, Ontario M1C 3B2
- Bank Institution No: 001
- Bank Transit No: 2458
- General Account No: 8983-015
- New Avasage Funds Account No: 8967-357
- E-mail Address for Interac E-Transfers:email@example.com
Tax receipts will be issued for all donations and membership fees at the begining of the following year. Cheques should
be drawn in favour of "Toronto Mahavihara Society". Direct deposits can be made to the Accounts given above.
With all payments, please include your mailing address so that tax receipts could be mailed.
Payments can also be made through PayPal. A link to PayPal donation facility is available on the top left margin
of this page.